Who we are
Spare Time began as a non-profit, school-age child care centre at David Lloyd George Elementary School back in 1974. In the years that followed, the need for high quality, affordable school-age child care grew steadily in Vancouver and Spare Time grew to match the demand and opened additional centres around the city.
Through the years, we have remained a non-profit, parent run society with all of our centres being licensed and fully integrated. We strive to provide the best possible programs for the families in our communities and we take great pride in providing programs designed to meet the individual needs of each child. By offering a wide variety of age-appropriate challenges and choices to children, our programs nurture positive growth and self-confidence.
Today, we run 6 centres including:
- Spare Time II at Sir Wilfred Laurier School
- Spare Time Bobolink at David Oppenheimer School
- Spare Time Challenge Club at Kingsford-Smith School
- Spare Time Clubhouse at General Wolfe School
- Spare Time Connection at David Livingstone School
- Spare Time Treehouse at David Livingstone School
In addition to offering before and after school programs for students in Kindergarten through to Grade 7, Spare Time Child Care Society offers winter, spring and summer break programs, and integrated Supported Development programs.