If you would like to register a child in grade 1 and up in one of our programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take your information for the waitlist.
- Priority is given to children that are attending, or registered at one of the schools in which we have a program
If you would like to register a child that will be entering Kindergarten:
Children entering Kindergarten must be registered in their catchment area school before they can be put on our waitlist. Once you have registered your child, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take your information for the waitlist.
- Registration for Kindergarten at your catchment area school begins November 1 the year before your child is eligible to enter kindergarten the following September.
- Cross boundary applications are accepted beginning February 1, 7 months before your child will be entering kindergarten.
We will accept your child on the waitlist if you have registered at your catchment area school and are planning to apply cross boundary.
For more information on Kindergarten registration please visit the Vancouver School Board website: Vancouver School Board (vsb.bc.ca)
Registration Documents and Forms for all Centres
The following are important resources for our current families to have on hand and for new families wishing to enroll into our programs. Upon acceptance into our program, you are required to complete and submit the following forms.
In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, we are encouraging families to submit these documents electronically. Please refer to our Spare Time Forms Guide for step-by-step instructions.
Upon acceptance into our Before and After School program:
- Review and save a copy of the Spare Time Parent Hand Book. It provides a comprehensive overview of our organization, programs offered, registration and fee policies, guidance and discipline policies, ratios and more.
- Complete the Spare Time Registration Documents , which include contact information, centre-parent agreement, photo/video consent and more.
- Complete the Immunization Information Form, and provide us with a copy of your child’s immunization record. All childcare facilities in B.C. are required by law under the Community Care and Assisted Living Act to keep a record of each child’s immunization history.
- Complete the Anaphylaxis Care Plan Form and Asthma Care Plan Form along with the Request for Administration of Medication Form if your child has an Epi pen or a puffer.
Acceptance into our Summer Program:
- Return the completed Summer Enrollment Package along with payment
- Upon acceptance, if you are a family new to Spare Time, you will be asked complete and submit the Spare Time Registration Documents electronically
- Visit Summer Program to download your centre’s program calendar and for details specific to your centre